Q: How do we move our CertiflexDimension Ultra Program to a new server with Pervasive database?
A: To move your CertiflexDimension Ultra program to a new server do the following:
- From the older server, go to the Pervasive license key administrator and copy the key
- From the download install Pervasive on the new server (always install the 32-bit version even on Windows 64-bit, it has less compatibility issues)
- Create a share folder on the new server, keeping the name simple, and short i.e. ACCTCFLX. (Best practice.)
- Give all the users read/write access to the share folder.
- Copy the CertiFLX folder from the old server to the new share folder.
- From each workstation, browse the server to the \\yourserver\CertiFLX\ADVX\CUser\ folder and run wksetup.exe as administrator and follow the wizard. (You should never check the option to install Btrieve.)
- On the old server deauthorize the license and authorize on the new server.