Q: How do I move CertiFlexDimension Ultra to a new Actian Pervasive SQL or Btrieve V12 Client/Server database engine?
A: To run Certiflexdimension Ultra on a new Client/Server database engine:
- Download and install Pervasive or Btrieve-12 on the new server.
- Create a shared folder on the new server. Keep the name simple, and short i.e ACCTCFLX.
- Give all users read/write access to the shared folder.
- Copy CertiflexDimension Ultra from the old server to the shared folder on the new server.
- From each workstation, if the workstation HAS NOT been used to access Certiflex before, browse to the folder where the Pervasive or Btrieve-12 is located and install the client (click here for Pervasive client installation instructions, and click here for Btrieve client installation instructions ).
- From each workstation browse to folder …\Shared Folder\CertiFLX\Advx\CUser\ and run WKSETUP.EXE as administrator then follow the prompts from the wizard.
NB: You should never check the option to install Btrieve unless the system prompts you to. For more information on installing CertiflexDimention Ultra in a network environment, refer to the CertiflexDimension KnowledgeBase Article Ultra Network Installation Tips.